Monday 21 March 2011

Where I left off.

Good grief I haven't written in goodness knows how long and suddenly I am blogging twice in a short period of time. What has come over me? Actually I am putting off the inevitable. Doing the writing part. It is not as though it is anything more complicated than I normally do. It's not. But I, like others, have difficulty in actually getting down to the nitty gritty of it all. I am working on a short story. But it seems the mind is just not for having it and is trying to find ways for me not to get started on the end of the short story I am attempting to write for a competition.

I do know that once I get started on it things will begin to flow. But it is those first few seconds when I have opened up the word document, and find the end and re-read the last thing I wrote all of two hourse ago, and I have completely forgotton what I was going to write next. My mind will panic and think I should really be getting on with the novel I have started to write to which I am sorely tempted but my hand, which is resting on the mouse, doesn't move. I know that I have to get this done one way or another. If is not as good as I thought it would be I can always delete it and then try again. But somehow I can think of all the things I want to put into the novel. Flipping typical. Come on Christina you can do it. Time to sign off and get the mind working on that short story for the competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment