Wednesday 16 March 2011

Keeping on an Even Keel

It has been just over three weeks since I've returned to work after a long absence due to illness and I have to admit it is tough getting back into the swing of things. The early starts; the travelling and the catching up with all of those people who I haven't seen until now. Things have certainly changed in the time I've off, not that I expect things to stand still, that just doesn't happen, but some of the faces that were there last year aren't there now and it is strange coming back to not seeing them. It is not only that has changed. I have too. Well I'm bound to amn't I after everything that's happened. But with so stark a reminder of how things have changed it makes me a little nervous.

There has been two things which have kept me going over this period of time. One is my husband, family and friends who have all be so marvellous in being there for me and the other thing which has kept me on an even keel, so to speak, is the fact that I am still writing. Something which I pushed to keep up whilst I was off as it gave me something to focus on, something that was a constant comfort and gave me a feeling of reassurance as I tried to get through the difficult times and which even now is still keeping me on the straight an narrow. So many more ideas for short stories has come to me over the past few weeks which has been great. The only trouble now, other than the early starts, is getting all the ideas down onto paper. There now seems not enough time in the day for it all. Not that there was enough time even when off. I best go and get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment