Friday 25 February 2011

Back to Work

I have been off work for about ten months and this week I returned to work. I am doing a phased return to work which allows me to get 'shoehorned' in behind my desk once more without feeling as though I have to know everything right this minute. So with it being my first week I worked on Tuesday and Thursday.

I was amazed on Tuesday morning when I got back into my office just how much I had remembered. They may seem like simple things to those who have been working whilst I was off but for me it is a bit of an achievement. You see remembering where the key to my desk drawers was, the code to the photocopier and how to run the electronice risograph was like second nature to me a year ago but with such a long period of time not doing I thought I would have forgotton it all. But no. I was in the office all of ten minutes and felt as though I had never been away. But life goes on and there have been changes. Even though I don't know everything yet I am sure I will catch up pretty quickly and before I know it I will have caught up with all the changes going on.

Even though I have been in for two days, I still haven't seen everyone. I have been to busy trying to get into the swing of things in the office that I haven't had the chance to get round the place to see everyone. I get the feeling this might take longer than I expected.


Maybe now the creative juices will start to sort themselves out now that my mind is elsewhere for a few hours a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment